Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Bible can save your life!


Our parents are all visiting us this holiday weekend. Earlier today, all the guys (me, my dad, my father-in-law, and my son) headed over to the General Patton Museum east of Indio. It was a nice half-day excursion with lots of tanks, guns, uniforms, and other war paraphenalia on display.

One of the exhibits we saw was a Bible with a piece of shrapnel stuck into it. Apparently, a soldier was carrying the Bible at the time an explosion went off. Were it not for that Bible, a piece of jagged metal would have sliced right through that soldier's chest. The Bible literally saved his life!

What a great illustration of the life-giving power of God's Word. Every day, the Bible saves lives by turning people away from sin and leading them to eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path...My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Your law. (Psalm 119:105, 109)

Never underestimate the life-saving power of God's Word.

No comments: