Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I got a 'B' on the US citizenship test

Here's a sampling of questions from the new US citizenship test:

1. What does the Constitution do?
2. What do we call the first 10 amendments to the Constitution?
3. Name one branch or part of the government.
4. We elect a U.S. representative for how many years?
5. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
6. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
7. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
8. There were 13 original states. Name three.
9. Who was president during World War I?
10. Name one U.S. territory.


For answers and the full story, click here.

So, how did you do? I scored 8 out of 10. 6 or more is a passing grade. Whew! I guess I qualify to be a US citizen!

1 comment:

David Squyres said...

If it weren't for that April 15 question I'd have an A. But. . .

I guess it's important to make sure the new people know when tax day is.